High River Parks, Trails and Open Spaces Master Plan
Client – Town of High River
Location – High River, AB
Date – Completed in 2021
818 studio designed a Master Plan to guide the development of the Town’s parks, trails, and open spaces over the next ten years. This plan included a floodway management plan to address the Highwood River corridor.
- Master Plan identified the overarching vision of “network with nature” to govern municipal decision making.
- Transformational themes of “park at the heart” and “walking our stories” developed from resident input.
- Includes a pull-out “playbook” for community groups to implement revitalization projects.
- Identifies strategies to bring nature into the community, and encourage outdoor recreation + learning.
- Master Plan is a living document; priorities can easily shift depending on available funding.